Thursday, September 15, 2005

AAAAAAAAH FUCK

Sweet Jesus I've just had the shock of my life - my kettle exploded before my very eyes.

OK I'm exaggerating, but it was still really scary!! I put it on to boil while I looked up photos from Abercrombie & Fitch catalogues (yum yum). For some reason it didn't stop boiling!! By the time I realised it was still on and looked at what was happening, there was steam literally pouring out of the spout and there was this really strong smell of electrical burning. I used my foot (clad in a thick-rubber-soled shoe from Asda - safe but relatively inexpensive to replace should the need have arisen) to kick the switch off then stood well back.

So I may have escaped this incident with my life but - what the hell am I gonna do without coffee?? My exams are in four days now!! BASTARD FUCKING KETTLE!!! AAARGH!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coffee or third degree burns from faulty kettle...you decide!!!

Sounds like one of those safe electrical appliances "watchdog" should come take a look at!

dd

15/9/05 08:35  
Blogger Dom said...

Thanks for the advice Nic but I have already found a solution - I'm making coffee in the microwave!!

16/9/05 17:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm, nuked coffee, bet it tastes fantastic! Students!

20/9/05 10:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home